How long will my treatment take?
- Approximately 2 – 2hrs 30
- Treatment time will vary from client to client and is dependent on how full the client’s natural eyelashes are, and the amount of feathering.
- Japanese lashes take longer to apply, but we believe they’re worth the wait for their durability, realistic beauty and non-damaging effect.
Do I need to change my skincare?
- Oil will break down the adhesive bond so it’s very important not to use products with oil near the eye area. Your eyelash artist will advise appropriate aftercare during your appointment.
- It’s also wise to wash your extensions every day for longevity. We recommend Moka and Sarah lash cleanser, which is specifically designed for Japanese extensions. You can purchase it in the studio for £15.
Can I still wear mascara or makeup with my eyelash extensions?
The beauty of eyelash extensions is that there is no need to wear mascara! You can roll out of bed looking naturally beautiful, without the hassle of the clumping, streaking and smudging that comes with eye makeup.
Wearing mascara on your extensions is not advised as it can cause them to fall out prematurely. Not only is removing mascara from your extensions difficult, but it can pull them out and risk damage to your natural lashes.
You may wear mascara on your lower lashes as long as it is non-waterproof. For the upper lid, eyeshadow is fine to wear and a felt tip eyeliner is better than a liquid/gel. We recommend removing any eye makeup at the end of the day with an oil-free eye makeup remover.
Can I swim, exercise or visit the spa room with my eyelash extensions?
Yes. The bonding agent we use is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise etc. However, eyelash adhesive takes 24 hours to completely dry, so the first 24 hours are critical in determining how long your lashes will last. For the first 24 hours after the eyelash application, you must not get your eyelash extensions wet or come into contact with hot steam. For exercising, we recommend waiting 24 hours after application.
I had eyelash extensions applied a few days ago and a few have already fallen out, why?
Each day we can lose between 3-5 natural lashes, but often they fall out unnoticed unless they fall into your eye. However, when eyelash extensions are applied, we are more aware of when they shed as they are longer, darker, and thicker. If you sleep on your stomach with your face squashed into the pillow or prefer sleeping on a particular side, you may notice the lashes may not last as long as the other side. Sleeping on your back is best for retention.
Can eyelash extensions be removed?
Yes, eyelash extensions are easily removed by using a professional glue remover. This takes between 20 – 30 minutes. We do not recommend you attempt to remove the extensions yourself as this can cause damage to your natural lashes.